I will teach you how to build a client base, how to receive testimonials, how to run your own website and give you helpful hints and tips for advertising, design and helpful links.
By working together you will be able to start up your own unique business and begin doing spiritual work. The hints and tips I will be giving you are just helpful guidelines and ideas - only take from this lesson what helps you and try to do some of your own research and use your own ideas.
You are an amazingly creative person. You are the only person who knows exactly what it is that you would like to achieve and how you want your business to be. You know what type of work you want to do and how you want to do it – so follow your instincts and vibes and create a business that is personal to you.
Only start to build your business once you feel confident in your abilities and once you can perform accurate and detailed readings. If your business involves teaching others then make sure that you know the topic that you are going to teach off by heart. Do the appropriate studies and learning so that you are confident in what you will be teaching.
Only start to build your business once you feel completely ready to do so. If you start to build your business before you feel ready then you will not be able to keep your business a float and you will begin to loose confidence. So if you feel that you are completely ready to start building your business then this lesson will help to give you a general idea on how to do so.
Make a Plan
The first thing you need to do before you can start up your business is to make a business plan and decide exactly what type of business you would like to run. A business plan is highly important as you are working out exactly what you want to do and how you are going to do it. Even authors always make a plan of the novel or book they wish to write before doing so. Having a business plan helps to give you direction and set goals for your business.
Now decide what exactly it is that you would like to do. What type of business would you like to run? Do you want to go into spiritual teaching? Do you want to hold workshops teaching others how to develop their psychic gifts or teaching others on a specific subject? If you do want to teach others then what do you want to teach? Do you want to teach others about angels, spiritual growth, astrology, numerology, living a six sensory life, tarot cards, about magic or psychic development, psychic art or dreams and meanings?
Ask yourself if you have done enough research into the subject that you would like to teach. Do you feel confident teaching this subject? Are you going to teach online or in person? Or do you want to run your business online, at home or in a hall or building?
If you are teaching in person then do some research and find a venue where you can hold workshops. Find a venue that you can afford to pay the rental fees to rent out the building. If you are doing teaching online then find a website where you can create your own website such as WEBS, Ucoz or Wetpaint. Are you going to use a free website or are you going to use a rental one?
Or would you like a business where you offer your services such as performing certain types of readings for others. Or would you like to open a psychic call centre? If this is the case then ask yourself if you will you do phone readings though Skype or by telephone? If you do phone readings by telephone then you will need to find a phone line rental or organize a way of sorting out the phone readings and phone numbers to use.
Choose a business that you would feel most comfortable doing and choose something that feeds your spirit and brings you joy. Remember that this will be your business and main line of work so choose a field that inspires and excites you, a field that you can see yourself working in for many years to come. Also decide how many hours a day you would like to work and what times are best for you.
Spend a good hour or two thinking of what you would like to offer at your business, how you would like your business look? What colours do you want to associate with your website or business and what pictures would you like to use. What do you want your logo to be and look like? Maybe design your logo so it is personal to your website or look online for websites that offer free or paid for logos.
Write down all of your ideas. Would you like to run your business on your own or would you like to have a business partner or two? Would you like to employ people and if so then how many people would you need? If you did employ people then what jobs would they do? How would you go about finding these people? Think of how you would advertise for people to join your business and will you give them a test to see if they are what you are looking for? How much will you pay them for the work they do and when will you pay them? How much money are you willing to spend to help your business to grow? Take a serious look at your finances and work out exactly what you have to spend.
If money is tight then start off small and as your business grows then you can add more to it – this is what I am doing as money is very tight, so what I have done is started off small and are gradually working my way up. You do not have to spend a fortune to make a business work. All a business needs is determination, dedication and the drive to make it a success and not give up at the first hurdle. Take each day one step at a time and do not give up if things are going slow or not according to plan.
Be patient and go with the flow. Ask the angels and your guides to help you build your business and to draw clients to you. Ask the angels and your guides to help guide you in the right direction and to inspire you with creative and positive ideas. They will be only too happy to help you as much as they can. Do research as to what prices others charge for what ever it is that you would like to do, then work out your prices and what you would like to charge for your services.
Take a look at other businesses that are similar to yours. You can gain a lot of experience, insights and ideas by looking at others businesses and seeing what they have done. If you would like to open a New Age shop then do research and find Wholesalers that sell the types of products you are looking for. Find one that is right for you. Decide which products you would like to sell and what the best prices to sell them for are.
If you are opening an online shop then remember to include postage in your prices. Also work out how much profit you would like to make on the items you sell. Decide the amount of each item that you would like to purchase to sell in your shop. See what sells and if something does not sell then remove this product from your shop. Order more of the products that do sell well. Do research to see what people want and then find those items to sell in your shop.
Work out what FAQ you will add to your business and make sure that you can answer these. Try to think of all the angles so that you cover yourself. If you decide to run your business online and you are performing readings for people then first check to make sure that you have everything that you need. In the UK it is the law that you state on your psychic and spiritual website or business…
As required by UK Law I must state that this is for entertainment purposes only. You must be 18 years of age and older to purchase my services.
Once you have a solid plan that you are happy with then you can move onto the next step of creating a psychic bio or CV.
Write A Psychic Bio Or CV
When you create your CV it is important to be as honest as possible. Your CV will show others your skills, what you have achieved and you will share your experiences with others. A good spiritual CV should always have the following standard information in them – though once again this is just a guide line. There are no set rules on how a CV should or should not be. …
Date Of Birth
Skills (that are relevant to the job and what you do)
Previous Spiritual Work
Client Testimonials – try asking all of the people that you have performed readings for if they would not mind leaving you a testimonial. You could even set up a day or two where you offer free readings in exchange for an honest testimonial or feedback on the reading you performed. If you are just beginning your spiritual journey and then you could write a Psychic Bio instead which is a short summery of the gifts you have, any work you have done and your experiences.
Once you have created your Psychic Bio or CV and have some client testimonials then, you can go ahead and start up your business. Advertising your business is extremely important. The fastest way to help your business to grow is by advertising it and your services. Word of mouth is a brilliant way of advertising your business and will be one of the first ways that news spreads about your services and business.
Try doing a lot of work in your local town such as hold mediumship nights, psychic reading parties, private sittings, attend a psychic circle or Spiritualist Church, start a small psychic development group or workshop in your home or rent a building to do so, do street readings or do spiritual fairs and fates. Put up posters advertising your services and business or stick notices though people’s doors.
Let the locals know that you are there to offer readings and your services. Make sure that your services are affordable and remember that you are doing this not for money but to help and serve others. It is so easy to let money and recognition take over and distract us from the true purpose of a psychic – a psychic’s purpose is to reach out to those in need and help in any way that we can. We have been blessed with our psychic gifts to help others and our planet.
If you are running your own website then a great way of getting your website noticed is to add a lot of tags which are words connected to your website such as spiritual, psychic, dreams, angels, readings, affordable, new age, shop etc. These tag words will help your website to appear higher in the search engines.
Also try to add a lot of links onto your website as this also helps to draw people to your site. You could even do link exchange – by asking people if they would not mind if you left a link to your website on theirs in exchange that you would have their website link on your website.
Below are a few more ideas of ways to build and advertise your business or website…
* Advertise on Facebook weekly putting a link to your website in your status. Also open a group at Facebook that advertises your website or business and leads people there. You could even create a fan page.
* Have an open day where you invite people to visit your website or business’s open day – have a freebie or something that will draw them in and welcome them to the open day.
* Open a page on My Space that is dedicated to your website or business – leave links or contact details so people can find your website or business and get in contact with you.
* Word of mouth works wonders
* Open an account on Twitter and advertise your website or business on there also keep them update on what’s happening at the website or your business.
* Draw people in by offering freebies, fun competitions and discounts or bargains.
* Do lots of promotions, sales, half price and competitions
* Set up a FAQ page
* If you have a website then have members on your site – as this helps to make your site look busy and the members will invite their friends to join. The more members who join your site the better – like I said above, word of mouth and recommending people work wonders.
* If you do have a business that is not online then why not still create a website to help draw more people to your business and to advertise your business.
* If creating a website (online business) then choose back ground themes that look very spiritual and inviting. Make your website look warm and happy – and most important of all professional.
* Always treat your clients, customers and members with respect and how you would like to be treated. Make them feel welcome and take the time to get to know them. Who knows you may make a new friend or two. Some of my best online friends are clients or members of my websites. It is important to get to know your members and clients and build up a friendly and good relationship with them.
* Get people involved in your website or business. If you are running a website then let people send in their experiences, dreams and photos. The more people can be involved in helping your site to grow – the more successful your site will be. People like to feel that they can contribute towards making something grow. Maybe have a discussions area where people can take part in interesting discussions. It is also wonderful to let people get involved as you make new friends and can enjoy others experiences and talents too.
* Add helpful and fun apps to your website or business
* Have lots of interesting pictures as this helps to draw people in and helps to make your website or business have a friendly and interesting feel to it.
* Make YOUTUBE videos to advertise and sponsor your business or website, you could even create your own meditation and helpful information cd’s or youtube videos.
* If you have a website then you could create a Dream Doctor page to help people with there dreams and meanings
* Again if you run a website you could create a Questions and Answers section where people can send in their questions on the paranormal and supernatural
* Make it easy for others to find and read your client testimonials
* Create an attractive brochure on your business or website.
* Do research and find out what others like or dislike about your business or website. Ask people for suggestions and find out what people are looking for in your business.
* If you have the money then maybe you could advertise your service on the telly in an advert
* You could ask your local radio station if you could have a slot on the radio to advertise or talk about your services, website or business.
* Have various types of psychics working for your business or at the website who can perform various types of readings which you are unable to perform. This will help to offer a wider range of readings and services to your customers and clients.
* Try opening own radio station interviewing other psychics and have people come in for talks and discussions. Have star guests on your show and make it interesting for the listeners. You could even hold workshops at your radio station. Blog Radio is an online radio station where people can do just that.
* If you have a website then you could join different website trafficking sites to help draw more traffic to the website. There are both free website trafficking sites available as well as paying ones.
* You could list your business in the local phone directory, your local paper or even the Friday Ad.
* Ask the Archangels to help draw the right people to your site. Ask for their help in setting everything up and in being of service to others. Remember to not leave it all up to your guides and angels. They are happy to help you but you need to put in the work too.
* Open a shop where people can buy diaries, t-shirts, cups, spiritual items, cards, books, oracle cards, crystal necklaces and bracelets, meditation cd's, angels and fairy ornaments etc from your business or website.
Below are a few helpful links that may help you to build your website or business. Why not do some research and try to find some other helpful websites and links…
1. Link Referral (Free Advertising and Trafficking site) : http://www.linkreferral.com/
2. Glitter Graphics (for free graphics, backgrounds, boarders, dividers and more) : http://www.glitter-graphics.com/
3. Spider Web Logic (for free website coding) : http://www.spiderweblogic.com/HTML-Tag-Generator.aspx
4. Widget Box: (Great widgets and gadgets for your website) http://www.widgetbox.com/home/guest/
5. Free Advertising - http://psychiccommunit.ucoz.com/
6. Blog Talk Radio (0pen an account and advertise or even start your own radio station) : http://www.blogtalkradio.com/
7. Submit your website in the psychic directory for free –
8. Advertise for free at Magestic online Magazine - http://magestic.ucoz.com/
9. Yahoo Groups - http://groups.yahoo.com/
10. Google Translate (Excellent if you need to translate different languages for your business): http://translate.google.com/
11. Button Generator (Great site if you are looking for free buttons and link buttons for your website): http://www.buttongenerator.com/
12. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/
13. The Wholesaler UK (Excellent site for looking up wholesalers): http://www.thewholesaler.co.uk/
14: WEBS (Free site for creating websites): http://www.webs.com/
15. UCOZ (Free site for creating websites): http://www.ucoz.com/
16. Wetpaint (free site for creating websites): http://www.wetpaint.com/
17. Free Traffic System.com (free traffic site): http://www.freetrafficsystem.com/
18. Template Monster (Templates for your website): http://www.templatemonster.com/
19. OSWD ( Templates for your website): http://www.oswd.org/
20. Templates for website: http://www.freewebtemplates.com/
21. Isnare (Free content for your website): http://www.isnare.com/
22. Enzine (Free content for your webist): http://ezinearticles.com/
23: Free Articles (Free content for your website: http://www.articlecircle.com/
24: Free Articles : http://www.articlesbase.com/
25: Applying for a small business start up grant - www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/ home
26. Hay House (Book publishing) - http://www.hayhouse.co.uk/
27. Wordclay - http://www.wordclay.com/BookPublishing.aspx
28. Lulu Book Publishers - http://www.lulu.com/
29. Blurb Book Publishers - http://www.blurb.com/
30. Unibook - http://www.unibook.com/en/publish-my-book
31. Book Catcher - http://www.bookcatcher.com/
32. Smarta – http://www.smarta.com/tools/business-plans
33. Bplans.co.uk - http://www.bplans.co.uk/sample_business_plans.cfm
34.Teneric Business Plan - http://www.teneric.co.uk/free_downloads.html
Submit Your Own Article